Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TWD: Reverse order

I am usually a "rule-follower" and I'm sure I am breaking the TWD rules by doing my October baking (and posting) in somewhat of a reverse order. However, all of the recipes chosen for this month are ones that I am able to use for functions in which I've been asked to bring something....just not in the order we have been asked to bake them. So while everyone else made Caramel Peanut-Topped Brownie cake (see mine in two weeks!) for today's post, I made Pumpkin Muffins (which everyone else will be posting about in two weeks). I am a sucker for fall foods and pumpkin is a favorite which means I of course, loved these muffins. I shared them with my Monday morning Bible study group where they received rave reviews. I chose to leave out the raisins which were to be mixed in the batter before baking, as I'm not a fan of raisins in baked goods. I'm trying to come up with an excuse to make these again this fall!

Up next week....Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes (while everyone else does Lenox Almond Biscotti)

7 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I agree, these were fabulous. Definitely a make-again recipe.

Every Day Gourmet said...

I am also reversing the recipe for this month. I stil haven't posted about the Creme Brulee I made today. I know it was last weeks but I really wanted to try it out! Your muffins look great!

Jules Someone said...

Well, I would say that you are fired, but you're not. Nice looking muffins!

slush said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Every Day Gourmet said...

Thanks for the kind words! Yesterday was not my day : )

Bungalow Barbara said...

Yum, looks good! I look forward to making them.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I often make the recipes in a different order, but I do save the post for the proper day. Just seems easier to go with the group that way. Your muffins look good; I'm looking forward to making them.
Nancy