Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mexican Hot Chocolate

I made this Mexican Hot Chocolate mix for my friend, Laura, and included it in her Christmas basket. There was a little mix that wouldn't fit into the jar, so I was able to use it for my "taste-test". I liked how the mix was "chocolaty" enough and had a hint of cinnamon. It wasn't an overpowering cinnamon taste, but it was almost an afterthought once you swallowed the drink. I'm thinking I need to make more to keep here!

Mexican Hot Chocolate (Taste of Home)
1 1/3 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup nondairy creamer
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup miniature marshmallows
Additional ingredient:
3/4 cup hot milk

In a bowl combine all dry ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 18-19 servings (about 3 1/2 cups total). To prepare hot chocolate: dissolve about 3 Tbls hot chocolate mix in hot milk.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Owen and I are going to have some tonight!! :) I cannot wait to taste it!

Every Day Gourmet said...

Laura is a lucky gal! I have never tried making this on my own. I love the Dagoba spicy hot chocolate mix! Thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks great! I love cinnamon but in moderation. This sounds like it has perfect amount.