Monday, March 30, 2009

Pistachio "Green" Bread

I came across this recipe around St. Patrick's Day. I needed something quick and easy to take to Bunko that fit with the St. Patrick's Day theme and this certainly fit the bill. Who doesn't love a cake mix recipe?

Pistachio "Bread"
1 box yellow cake mix
1 - 3 1/2 oz pkg instant pistachio pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 cup sour cream

Mix all ingredients well and pour into two greased loaf pans. In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture on top of bread and press firmly into bread before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. (I checked my bread at 35 minutes and it was done.)

2 comments:

Every Day Gourmet said...

How did it taste? It sounds very interesting! I hope you are enjoying some nicer weather this week! It is not supposed to snow in the spring time!!! There is something wrong with that. You have been making lots of yummy dishes lately. Can't wait to try some of your latest.

Flourchild said...

Oh my does this sound good. I stopped by to see your TWD and found this instead..yum!