My mom has made Five Cup Fruit Salad for as long as I can remember, and it became a fast favorite with me. I love the mixture of fruit with coconut and marshmallows! I needed something to take as a side for Easter dinner this past Sunday at a friend's house and the first thing that came to mind was this salad. It is perfect for Spring/Summer and extremely fast and easy to throw together.
Five Cup Fruit Salad
1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup sour cream
Mix all ingredients in large bowl until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3 comments:
That looks like something my mom would have made growing up too. I will have to try it and see if my kids like it too! We are so looking forward to visiting you this summer : )
We had this for dinner tonight. I used frozen mangos, pineapple and coconut along with the sourcream! YUM! I loved the combination of flavours. Thanks for sharing your moms recipe.
I've always liked this salad...thanks for the reminder, I'll have to make it this weekend, it's supposed to get up into the 80's and maybe 90's...yes, in Pennsylvania!! =) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment