I baked a Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake to take to my women's Bible study this morning. The recipe came from a Pampered Chef cookbook. I've made it before, but hadn't had it in a long time. I used reduced or low-fat ingredients and it turned out well. It wasn't as sweet as I remembered it, but that could be because I also used Lite cherry pie filling. Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake
2 pkgs (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1 can (21 oz) peach, cherry or apple pie filling
Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tsp milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles, reserving four triangles for decoration. On round baking sheet arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of sheet and points toward center. (Depending on size of baking sheet you are using, the points make not meet in the center.) Roll dough to seal seams. Form a slightly raised rim along inner and outer edges of dough. In bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Spoon pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture. Cut each remaining dough triangle lengthwise into three strips. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke-like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes. For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk; mix until smooth. Drizzle evenly over coffee cake. Cut into wedges, serve warm. Makes 12 servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment