Friday, May 9, 2008

Company for dinner...forget the main course, bring on the dessert!

I enjoyed the company of my friend Gina and her two girls, Riley and Morgan, during dinner this evening. Both of our husbands are away for work and Gina took care of four kids today! I thought it would be nice for her to not have to fix dinner tonight, so she came to my house to visit and keep me company for a while. I fixed a chicken casserole, which didn't seem to go over well with the kids, but I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the left overs. The big hit of the evening though was dessert! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures before we indulged ourselves, but here is the recipe:

Creamy Chocolate Fondue
1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping, thawed
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
Assorted fruit and pound cake for dipping

Place chocolate chips and half of the whipped topping in microwave safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds or until melted. Fold in remaining whipped topping, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. If refrigerating for longer than 1 hour, stir before serving. Serve with assorted fruit and pound cake. Yields: 2 cups (supposedly 16 servings...but 2 adults and 2 children did a good job of eating most of it!)

No comments: