Friday, December 5, 2008

Monster Mix

This is an easy snack that travels well and gives you a boost of energy. It will also satisfy your salty and sweet cravings! I have bought a mix like this at the grocery store, but after looking at the list of ingredients, I figured it would be very easy to throw the mix together myself and it would end up being a few dollars cheaper in the end. The container in the picture is one I decorated (with the help of my friend, Wanda). It's a glass mason jar with a sticker/wall applique rubbed on the side and jingle bells glued to the top (so you always know who's sneaking in the jar!).


Monster Mix
2 cups cocktail peanuts
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup M&M's
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Pour all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix with spoon or hands until well combined. Put into container of choice. Easy, quick, and satisfying!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love this idea...cute little gift to give to teachers/neighbors or just to have out. Thanks for sharing =) Glad you guys got to go home for Thanksgiving. We are making the trek home for Christmas. We haven't attempted this since we've been married (8 yrs), so, we'll see how it goes =) Hope you guys have a wonderful CHRISTmas! =)