Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Quick post

Sorry for the lack of posts this last week. My husband and I were able to fly back to Indiana to spend Thanksgiving with our families. We hadn't been home for Thanksgiving since we were married (5 years ago). It was great seeing our families (and surprising my mother-in-law who didn't know we were coming). Now I can explain that the post regarding Thanksgiving, that was posted ON Thanksgiving, was actually ready to go before we left. We did have a "mock" Thanksgiving with a couple of friends the Saturday before we left for our trip.

I hope to be back in the kitchen this week, trying some new recipes, and to start my holiday baking. In the meantime, I'm catching up on all my messages and checking in on the blogs that I've missed reading during our trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to get to surprise everyone and just to be able to see your family for Thanksgiving.

I'm sure L, C, M, K and L were happy to see you.

~Lisa

Every Day Gourmet said...

I hope I didn't ruin your surprise visit home by my comment. We are so excited to see both of you after Christmas!