TWD: Tall and Creamy Cheese Cake
This is the last TWD recipe for this year! When I started baking with the group, I thought I needed to bake every week, until I realized how much time and ingredients that took! There are many bakers out there that do participate each week, but unfortunately I'm not one of them. So, it has been a couple of weeks since I last posted a TWD post, but this cheesecake was a great way to finish off December. Thanks goes out to Anne at Anne Strawberry for choosing this week's recipe. This is a nice basic cheesecake that I chose to dress up a bit. I've included the topping recipe, as it's not a Dorie Greenspan recipe. (PS. Happy Birthday, MOM!)
Cranberry Topping3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped1 1/4 cups sugar1 cup water2 Tbls cornstarch1/4 cup orange juice1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toastedIn a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pecans. Place in small bowl to accompany cheesecake or spoon over cheesecake once mixture has cooled to room temperature.
7 comments:
Ooo, cranberry topping? I seriously need to try that - I bet it's wonderful swirled into the cheesecake. Beautiful job!
Your cake looks great. Good job.
It is hard to keep up each week, I skip a few here and there as well.
As usual you really know how to take a basic recipe and make it elegant! I have a bag of frozen cranberries in the freezer and may be trying this soon! I miss your company already.
It is hard to bake every week it really adds up on the food bill. Your cheesecake looks delicious!
Sounds delicious. I use leftover cranberries from a cordial I made recently as a topping. Cranberries are definitely a friend to cheesecake.
Your cheesecake looks fantastic! I sat this one out, I'm sorry that I Did that now!
Cranberries sound like the perfect touch. Nice job!
Post a Comment