Tuesday, September 29, 2009

the "best" meatballs....at least that's what the title said

I recently went through my stack of Kraft Food magazines and tore out the recipes that I thought I would actually make...these have been piling up for several months now! When I read the recipe for "the best meatballs" and it stated you could freeze half of them, I thought it would be perfect for my husband and I right now. I made this last night, and I definitely couldn't call them "the best!" They were extremely quick and easy to make and they were edible, just not great. I did however freeze the leftovers and will try to doctor them up a bit when I pull them out to eat next time...probably by frying them a little to get a nice crust.

the "best" meatballs (Kraft Foods Magazine-Fall 2009)
2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 1/4 cups water
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 pans with foil; spray with cooking spray. Mix ingredients until blended; shape into 32 (1 1/2 inch) balls, using 1/4 cup for each. Place 16 meatballs in each prepared pan. Bake 16-18 minutes or until done (160 degrees). Serve with favorite pasta and marinara sauce. Serves 8, 4 meatballs each.

No comments: