Friday, September 4, 2009

Streusel Pumpkin Pie

I love pumpkin and am always anxious to break out the pumpkin recipes at this time of year! I needed a dessert recipe to take to a meeting this past week and came across this recipe from Pampered Chef. It's a basic pumpkin pie with a streusel added for a little flair, and it's super yummy!

Streusel Pumpkin Pie
1 unbaked pie crust
1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Streusel
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbls all-purpose flour
1 Tbls butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves. Roll out pastry crust and place in pie plate. Pour pumpkin mixture into crust. Cover edge of pie with 2-inch wide strips of aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, for streusel, combine pecans, brown sugar, flour and butter in small bowl; mix well. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Sprinkle top of pie with streusel, leaving a 2-inch opening in center. Continue baking 40-50 minutes, or until center is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 8 servings.

2 comments:

wanda said...

This was a WONDERFUL pie!!! YUM!!! If I had realized how yummy it was, I wouldn't have had 3 bowls of your soup!!!!

Jeni said...

mmmm I too LOVE pumpkin and this time of year. I am all ready too...I have two large cans of pumpkin in my food storage just waiting on me. I am saving this recipe for a cooler day...I live in Georgia.