Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brown Sugar White Chip Cookies

I came across a variation of this recipe here. With it looking more like Christmas time around my city (we had a foot of snow this past weekend!!) versus Halloween, I've been in the baking mood. Plus when I looked at the recipe, I realized I had all the ingredients on hand and it would come together fairly quickly (minus the refrigeration time). I used white chocolate chips which were good, but made the cookies VERY sweet. I think I'll use a dark chocolate next time.


Brown Sugar Chip Cookies - adapted from a recipe by Nick Malgieri
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
10 tbs. unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (or your favorite chip)

Sift together the flour and baking soda. Beat together the butter and brown sugar just until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated, then add the chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and chill for an hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake cookies until just set in the center, 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Makes 2 dozen.

2 comments:

Every Day Gourmet said...

These sound really good and easy!

Rhandi said...

Yum! These do sound easy, I think I will make them with semisweet. Thanks!