Tuesday, June 3, 2008

5-Minute Southwest Layered Salad

With warm weather (finally) here, I am wanting to spend more time outside and not in the kitchen. Those of you with hectic summer schedules, who also want to serve your family a healthy meal (rather than fast-food); this recipe is perfect! I came across the recipe in the Kraft Food & Family, Summer 2008 magazine. If you do not already get this magazine, sign-up at http://www.kraftfoods.com/, it's FREE!

5-Minute Southwest Layered Salad
6 cups torn romaine lettuce
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
1/2 cup of your favorite cheese, crumbled or shredded
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 cup broken tortilla chips

Place lettuce on serving platter or in bottom of glass serving bowl. Cover with layers of beans, corn, salsa and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with chips. Makes 4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, I am SO going to try this..I think I have it in my magazines but I will just use it off of here! So EASY! I can make it during naptime and dinner will be ready! :) I love your page!