Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grilled Chicken with Salsa

This recipe comes from the June/July 2008 issue of Taste of Home. I haven't tried it yet, but intend to make it this week (at which time I will post a photo!). This dish struck me as one I need to try this summer, as you use the grill and fresh produce for the salsa!


Grilled Chicken with Salsa
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbls lime juice
2 Tbls orange juice
2 Tbls canola oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast

Tomato-Pineapple Salsa:
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup lime juice
3 Tbls minced fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with salsa.

Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast with 3/4 cup salsa equals 185 calories, 4 g fat, 63 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein

1 comment:

Thistlemoon said...

That does sound like a great summer dish - and I love fruited salsas - another great fruit for salsa is mango! YUM!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!