My husband and I returned early this morning from Washington DC where we were attending a wedding for a college friend. This is one of our favorite cities, so it's always exciting to visit! We chose not to do the tourist thing this time and instead walked around the neighborhoods we were staying near and eating at some local places. Well, we did go to the zoo, so I guess we did one tourist thing, but we managed not to see any monuments or museums. Here are some snapshots of our weekend!
We got to see our nieces in Chicago during a layover, along with my sister and mother-in-law.
We ate a wonderful meal at Kramerbooks in Dupont Circle, where Fodor's travel guide told us was a DC hot spot!
We attended the wedding of a fraternity brother of my husbands, who was also in our wedding. Matt, the groom, is shown above with his mom. We also were able to visit with another groomsmen from our wedding and fraternity brother of my husbands, Van.
On Sunday we went to a Farmer's Market in Dupont Circle where they had amazing produce and backed goods! I would love to go each week to purchase fresh fruit, vegetables and gorgeous flowers! We also saw a rack of Smart Bikes, which I thought was pretty neat!













2 comments:
I like the pink tie. Really. It looks good.
It looks like a blast! I hope we get there someday soon! I am glad you had such a great time at the wedding and connecting with old friends! What beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment