TWD: Chocolate-Banded Ice Cream Torte
I've been neglecting my blog for the past week as I've had lots of other things going on and haven't been cooking much other than the recipes that I needed to make for my various blogging groups. I feel like my freezer is full of cookies and now this Chocolate-Banded Ice Cream Torte. It was nice to have a recipe that included ice cream this week, as we need to take advantage of the last days of summer! This recipe was very easy to put together, although a bit time consuming just waiting for the layers to freeze (about 8 hours!!!). The half hour time for the second ganache layer wasn't long enough for mine and when I went to place the second layer of ice cream, my chocolate layer moved a bit. I halved the recipe and rather than using a springform pan, I used a medium loaf pan to create a rectangle. I'll just cut mine into slices rather than wedges. We have company coming this weekend, so mine will be in the freezer a bit longer waiting on their arrival. I did cut myself a small slice this morning just to see how the flavors worked out. I followed the exact recipe by using vanilla ice cream and adding raspberry puree. It tastes like a dark chocolate raspberry truffle!! If I ever get around to making this again, I may experiment with various ice cream flavors....mint chocolate chip would be wonderful (but that is my favorite ice cream, so of course I would think it would be great!).


6 comments:
That looks AWESOME and sounds YUMMY!! Wish we were your company coming this weekend! =)Miss you!
Would that be for us??? Or are you having other company this weekend too? :) That looks YUMMY! And I agree, mint chocolate chip would be awesome as well!! If that is for us, I cannot wait :)
Dark chocolate raspberry truffle sounds like the perfect way to describe this!
I used a loaf pan also, and I got to serve it to company this evening and they were most impressed. And loved it. Your's is so pretty, I know it will be a big hit!
Nancy
Sounds yummy! Glad you liked it!
Mmmm dark chocolate raspberry truffle. That looks SOOO good!
Post a Comment