It was my turn to provide breakfast for my Monday morning Bible study group this week. It also happened to be at my house, as the regular host is out of town. I enjoy breakfast foods, but my husband isn't a fan, so it's always a nice treat when I'm able to make something for breakfast and share it with others. This morning I made a Cheddar-Ham Oven Omelet, along with Orange-Cranberry Muffins. I love egg casseroles as they are so simple to put together, can be made the night before and put in the oven the day of, and are pretty fool-proof. This recipe is no exception to the above!
Cheddar-Ham Oven Omelet (found in Taste of Home Magazine)
16 eggs
2 cups milk (I used some whipping cream!)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
6 green onions, chopped
In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the cheese, ham and onions. Pour the egg mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serves 12.
No comments:
Post a Comment