Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TWD: Thanksgiving Two-fer Pie

I've skipped out on the last two weeks of Tuesdays with Dorie as I wasn't too excited about the recipes, but I couldn't pass up on this week's pie. My husband LOVES pumpkin pie, so even though this is a twist on the original version, it was enjoyed by both of us! What a great way to combine the two traditional Thanksgiving pies, pumpkin and pecan. Of course, we had to top ours with plenty of whipped topping! We are looking forward to eating the leftovers on Thanksgiving!


Thanks to Vibi for choosing a great (and appropriate) recipe for this week! Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Pumpkin pie is meant to be eaten with plenty of whipped cream - that looks delicious, and I'm glad you liked it!

vibi said...

Thank you so much Ellyn, for participating with me this week!
I'm glad the pie wasn't too far from the original pumpkin pie, enough that your husband still liked it... and far enough for you to also enjoy it!
A vey happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looks great. I loved this recipe, it was so good. YUM!