Sunday, January 25, 2009

These are it!....almost

I've almost found my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I was going through my pantry recently and noticed I had several half used bags of chocolate chips. I decided it was time to try another cookie recipe, and I'm so glad I found a recipe which is close to the cookie in which will be my "go-to" chocolate chip cookie. When I have some more time, I'm going to tweak this recipe a bit to see if I can get the cookies to stay a little taller. I don't want to change the consistency though, as it's perfect....for me.


Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended (do not over-mix). Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Refrigerate the dough for a couple hours before baking. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. I prefer smaller cookies, so I use my cookie scoop. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes (about 12 minutes if using cookie scoop size) in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Watch closely and pull out of the oven as soon as edges start to turn golden! Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container and these cookies should stay soft for a couple of days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great!

Laura said...

You have all those half-eaten bags of chocolate chips because Dan goes into your pantry and raids it :) hahaha.
These look good and the recipe sounds VERY close to the Nestle Toll House ones that I make from the bag of chocolate chips!
YUMMY!!!

blonky85 said...

These look amazing, they look like they came straight out of grandma's oven! I am a fellow blogger from Cheyenne and was wondering if you wanted to check out my blog also. blonkysfood.blogspot.com