I took advantage of my husband being out of town on business this week to make some new recipes for myself that I knew he would not like. It's just been within the past year that I've learned to like tomatoes. I use the term "like" loosely, as I am still pretty picky with what I have a tomato on or with. I still wouldn't pick one up and eat it like an apple, however I can now have them on a salad or sandwich without immediately picking them off. This soup recipe looked great, not to mention it takes all of maybe 10 minutes to throw together.
Easy Tomato Cream Soup
2 cups milk
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained*
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan, heat through. *After tasting the soup, I actually thought it could use a little more tomato flavor, so add more tomatoes if you wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment