Whole Wheat Waffles1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk (I used regular nonfat milk)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 egg white, lightly beaten (I used a whole large egg)
Vegetable cooking spray
Fresh strawberries (optional)
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, oil and egg, stirring with a wire whisk. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray; allow waffle iron to preheat. Pour batter onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops. Serve with fresh strawberries, if desired. I also sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top for some additional sweetness!
1 comment:
Beats my recipe.... 1- go to the grocery store freezer section, 2- buy box of frozen waffles, 3- take home, 4- toast.........
We need a breakfast date! Rich is not a breakfast person either!!!
Post a Comment