One of the best ways I have found to cook turkey breasts is in the crockpot. I've also found I enjoy using the crockpot in the summer so I'm not warming the house up with the oven. This is a very flavorful entree'.
Herbed Turkey Breasts
2 cans chicken broth
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup fresh sage
1/2 cup minced fresh thyme
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 envelopes onion soup mix
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbls minced fresh marjoram
1 Tbls paprika
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tsps pepper
1 tsp salt
2 boneless turkey breasts (2 lbs each)
In a blender, process the first 15 ingredients in batches until blended. Pour 3 1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Drain and discard marinade from turkey. Place turkey in a 5-qt slow cooker; add reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours or until juices run clear. Serves 14-16.
2 comments:
That looks great! What do you make with the leftovers? I am all for trying not to heat up the house. It is hot here!!!
I normally halve the recipe for our family, so I don't have a ton of leftovers. However, I do freeze them at times and save it for turkey and noodles...yes, those noodles :).
Post a Comment