This is a fairly quick dish, full of vegetables, and seemed great for warmer weather. My husband and I agreed that this might be better cold....guess we'll test that when the leftovers get eaten! I'm not a huge salt person, however I felt this dish needed some salt (besides what I used in the pasta water).
Creamy Pasta Primavera (ToH April/May 2010)
2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-in pieces
3 medium carrots, cut into strips
2 tsp canola oil
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Serves 6 - 5WWpts
PS. Happy Birthday, Dad!!
No comments:
Post a Comment