Tuesday, June 15, 2010

White Chili

It doesn't seem appropriate to be posting, much less making a chili during the summer. In the 2 1/2 years I've lived in Wyoming, I've learned that summer is filled with 50 degree rainy days...which we just had a week of recently. So, although I typically reserve soups and chili recipes for the fall and winter months, I did make this White Chili last night. Warning - this soup is SPICY...and gets SPICIER the longer it sits (as in we couldn't even eat the leftovers!).

White Chili (ToH)
3 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 jar (15oz) Alfredo sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1 to 2 cans (4oz each) chopped green chilies
1 1/2 cups frozen gold and white corn
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbls ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp white pepper
1 to 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salsa verde and chopped fresh cilantro, optional

In a 5 or 6-qt slow cooker, combine the first 15 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through, stirring once. Serve with salsa verde and cilantro if desired. Serves 12 (1 cup each).

No comments: