Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hubby's cooking!

I am very blessed that I have a husband who enjoys cooking. He's been traveling a lot lately so he hasn't had much time in the kitchen. He asked if he could make dinner tonight...like I was going to say "NO"? He is fixing stuffed pork chops, which we haven't had in a while, so I am I looking forward to tasting them! He came up with this recipe himself, although I'm sure there are many recipes out there for stuffed pork chops. We served the pork chops with roasted green beans and jellied cranberry sauce (yes, I know it isn't Thanksgiving...but it's so good!).

The Chef

Stuffed Pork Chops

2 boneless pork chops, thick cut

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs

Trim fat from pork chops. Cut the side of pork chop about 3/4 of the way through to make a "pocket". Mix the bread crumbs and cheese; stuff into pork chop. Place pork chops on a stove-top pan with 1-2 Tbls olive oil. Fry over high heat until golden on both sides. Remove chops and place in oven-proof dish. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Serves: 2


Roasted Green Beans
1/2 pound fresh green beans
olive oil
salt and pepper


Rinse green beans, place on a cookie sheet with edges. Drizzle olive oil on top of green beans; salt and pepper generously. Place in a 400 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until desired doneness. Serves: 2

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ok, so I think the recipe sounds GREAT but actually I am going to comment on your curtains! I LOVE THEM! I have not been able to really picture what you said they looked like and now I can! Good job! :)

Christie B said...

Way to go Big D...and the curtains are very cute.