Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tablescapes and landscapes...presentation is key! Day 1

Basically this post has nothing to do with food, but I was trying to think of a way to connect landscaping to food...all I could come up with is relating tablescapes to landscapes. Both have to do with presentation which is important where food is concerned...when it is presented nicely, is seems more appetizing. My husband and I moved in to our house in September and have been living with a backyard full of dirt...no grass...no trees...no flowers...no nothing! My husband enjoys yard work and we like entertaining in the summer months with barbecues and outdoor activities. While my husband was gone on some business trips, I had some landscape companies come out and give us an estimate on what it would take to get our backyard in shape. The landscapers started yesterday! I'm hoping by this weekend, we will have nice green sod in the backyard and by the end of May I can get out and plant some flowers! Below are some pictures taken after the guys left yesterday. I will post pictures after each day so we can watch the progress.


2 comments:

Christie B said...

So is this yard project EVER going to get done or are you just too busy to blog?

Ellyn said...

Well, the landscapers are still here (at 6:40pm) and finishing up Day 4 of a 3 day project...and they still aren't finished. Tomorrow should be the final day...I've just been too lazy :) to blog...I'll post some pics tonight of the progress.