Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Parsleyed Parmesan Fish

As I was going through my cookbooks recently, this fish recipe stood out as one I thought my family would enjoy. It also is quick and easy to make, a bonus for me! My husband and I had this dish for dinner tonight, and although it was very good, I would not serve it again during the summer. I used Halibut steaks which is a very meaty fish, and the dish had a very rich taste. It would be much better in the Fall or Winter, just a little too heavy for the summer.

Parsleyed Parmesan Fish
1/2 pound fresh or individually frozen (thawed) fish fillets (I used Halibut)
2 Tbls grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbls Italian-style dry bread crumbs
1 Tbls fresh chopped parsley
2 tsp butter, melted

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease broiler pan rack. Place fish fillets in single layer on rack in broiler pan. Mix remaining ingredients, sprinkle over fish. Bake uncovered 12-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.

I think this breading mixture would be great with chicken as well!

1 comment:

nicole said...

Yummm....sounds easy and good.