In a package I received recently were two chocolate bars, a Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark and Mint and a Lindt Creme Brulee. I had been craving a mint chocolate milkshake lately and thought I could make my own with the Ghirardelli bar (after eating a couple of pieces alone for the 'pure' taste!). Once I made this milkshake it wasn't as thick as I would have preferred so I added a scoop of ice cream to the top with a few dark chocolate chips, which turned it into a Boston Milkshake. I was introduced to a Boston Milkshake in Montana. My husband and I along with our friends frequented the Ice Cream Factory in Great Falls. The milkshake reminded me of all the wonderful friends I made in Montana and the friendships that continue to this day, even though most of our friends are scattered across the United States. This is for you....Friesen's (who the chocolate bar came from!! and who are now in Ohio), and the three couples we made ice cream memories with.... the Menzie's (heading to Colorado Springs, which I am beyond excited about!!), the White's (just moved to Texas), and the Mack's (who still have a little more time to enjoy Boston Milkshakes in Montana). 
Ellyn's version of the Boston Milkshake
6 scoops vanilla ice cream
6 squares Ghirardelli Dark and Mint chocolate bar
1/2 cup milk
a few drops of green food coloring
1 Tbls dark chocolate chips for garnish
Chop Ghirardelli bar into small pieces. Drop 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream into blender along with milk and food coloring. Add chocolate bar pieces. Blend until desired consistency. Pour into glass, top with 1 scoop ice cream and 1/2 Tbls chocolate chips. Makes 2 servings.
1 comment:
Look at you Miss Creative in the Kitchen!! Those look so good!! I am more than impressed that you decided to use the chocolate for milkshakes..I would have sat down on the couch with a glass of milk and eaten it straight from the box..milkshakes were a much better idea! :) And thanks for the "shout-out" (I have always wanted to use that term..haha). We are so very excited too..and guess what..NEIL LFAs at the end of Aug :) YEY!!! Ok, good job again on the milkshakes and see you VERY VERY SOON!!
Post a Comment