
This week's recipe for Tuesday's with Dorie comes from Ashlee at A Year in the Kitchen. Looking at some of her recent posts it seems as if she lives near or in Indiana...my home state! She's probably enjoying some fresh picked sweet corn and ripe juicy tomatoes this summer. I've found you can't find sweet corn like you do in Indiana! Okay, enough about Indiana and on with this week's recipe. I had plenty of bananas stored up and ready to use for some bread, so this selection came at a great time! I found the batter to be a bit runnier than a normal banana bread recipe but unlike some other bakers this week, I didn't have any problems with the baking time. I baked mine for an hour and 15 minutes and it came out moist and done throughout. I was afraid of overflowing my bread pan, so I put some of the batter in a small glass dish to be on the safe side, which also ended up being what my husband and I "tested". I'm sending the actual loaf to my husband's office where I'm sure it will be devoured in no time! Mine could have used more bananas as I didn't feel there was enough banana flavor, however I did like the addition of chocolate with the rum and may use this idea with my usual banana bread recipe. Check out Ashlee's blog for the recipe!
8 comments:
Lovely and moist! Nice job. And hope you find the sweetest corn before summer is out to remind you of home!
i like the addition of rum and nutmeg too! makes it that much more interesting. Great work on yours as well.
Good Job Ellyn! I am trying this when I get back from vacation! I have missed catching up on your Blog!
I agree the batter was rather soupy!
It was very tasty, but I was also surprised that it wasn't bigger with more banana flavor.
I grew up in Indiana, and I agree - you can't get better sweet corn than in that state. Beautiful loaf.
How gorgeously moist do those look!? Nice work!
Great looking bread.
I am here in Indiana...and graduated from IU Bloomington. How's that?
Sweet corn is very good here right now.....
~Kayte
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com
Post a Comment