Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TWD: Tic, Tac, Toe with X's and O's (Brown Sugar-Pecan Shortbread Cookies)

This week's recipe was suppose to be Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream, but since I don't have an ice cream maker or really care for fruit in my ice cream (I much prefer chocolate!), I decided to do a "rewind" recipe. A rewind recipe is one that the group has already baked and there were many has I've just started with this group. I thought I make the recipe that the Tuesday's with Dorie group started with back in January...Brown Sugar-Pecan Shortbread Cookies. The picture in the book looks so nice, the cookies are perfect squares and a nice light brown color. I'm not sure what happened to mine! I went to turn the baking sheet half way through the baking time and noticed mine were spreading and had already taken on a darker brown color! I went ahead and took them out of the oven and tried to salvage them, then promptly re-read the recipe to see if I forgot anything...I didn't, so we'll just chock this one up to a failed attempt! I did want to have a little fun with the cookies though, so I played tic, tac, toe....by myself...haha!

After looking at the picture I noticed you can't even see the X's and O's!!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I've been wanting to try these and it seems like everyone is doing them right now. They look pretty tasty to me.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I baked a rewind also - the second recipe the group made! Your cookies look good, sorry they didn't bake up correctly for you. In order to avoid my baked goods from browning too fast I almost always have to cut my oven temp, especially if I'm using dark nonstick cookie sheets. One of these days I'm going to get a thermometer and check to see if my oven runs hot...
Nancy
The Dogs Eat the Crumbs

Laura said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are so funny! Wanna know what makes this even funnier? I can TOTALLY see you laughing at yourself as you took them out of the oven and started playing tic tac toe with them!!! I bet they would be good with a bowl of vanilla ice cream after they got soft from soaking up the melted part! YUM!! :)

Jules Someone said...

Hehehehe. These didn't work for me either. Apparently, if you chill the dough a lot and then pop them right into the oven they hold their shape. I'll have to try it again.

Anonymous said...

mine did the same thing when i made them. i actually had to cut them into squares so they looked like squares. and they were so thin they were like crisps instead of shortbread.