I was on the fence about this recipe and really didn't intend on making this particular dish. Rather than 'regretting' not making it later, I scaled the recipe down to make one serving (as I knew my husband would NOT like this) and I'm glad I tried it. It wasn't 'outstanding', but it was good enough to eat. I put the batter in a 4" ramekin and used one plum half. I could have done without the plum, but the cake portion was actually pretty good. I really liked the subtle orange flavor from the zest added to the batter. Final verdict...it was good enough to eat once, but I probably won't make this again (unless I tried a different fruit on top). Thanks goes out to Michelle at Bake-en for choosing this week's recipe!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
TWD: Dimply Plum Cake
I was on the fence about this recipe and really didn't intend on making this particular dish. Rather than 'regretting' not making it later, I scaled the recipe down to make one serving (as I knew my husband would NOT like this) and I'm glad I tried it. It wasn't 'outstanding', but it was good enough to eat. I put the batter in a 4" ramekin and used one plum half. I could have done without the plum, but the cake portion was actually pretty good. I really liked the subtle orange flavor from the zest added to the batter. Final verdict...it was good enough to eat once, but I probably won't make this again (unless I tried a different fruit on top). Thanks goes out to Michelle at Bake-en for choosing this week's recipe!
Labels:
Cake,
fruit,
Tuesdays with Dorie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Cute cake. Looks tasty.
What a smart approach - make just a single serving!
Kudos to you for making a single serving instead of skipping out!!
The ramekin is such a wonderful idea. Kudos to you for scaling it down, I wish I did cause I am eating it all! Looks great!
Very cute~ Did you eat it warm from the oven or let it cool to room temp? I want people to start choosing the yummy cakes next!
What a wonderful idea, to just make one serving. Hopefully you find a fruit you'd like with the cake.
I have to say I don't think I would try it either! But glad you did!
wow, i should have thought of that! this recipe didn't impress me either but glad you gave it a try! that's the point of the group, right? :)
Glad you tried it! I loved the flavor of the cake too, although I overbaked mine and it was dry.
Post a Comment