Thursday, November 13, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers: Herb Roasted Onions

This month's recipe was chosen by Kelly from Baking with the Boys. My husband and I both like onions and I knew that roasting them would bring out the sweetness of the onion. The dressing in which you toss the onions before baking them was so simple to put together, used ingredients you most likely already have at home, and added great flavor. We will be making this recipe again on nice winter evenings as an easy side dish.

Roasted Onions (Barefoot Contessa at Home)
2 red onions
1 yellow onion
2 Tbls lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 Tbls fresh thyme (I used 1 tsp dried)
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 Tbls fresh minced parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut onions into wedges. In mixing bowl mix all ingredients minus the parsley and olive oil. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk with mustard mixture. Toss mixture with onions. With slotted spoon, place onions on baking sheet. Bake 30-45 minutes, until tender and golden brown. Toss once during cooking process. Sprinkle with parsley, serve warm. Serves 4.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, looks delicious. Can't wait to try this tonight!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you liked them!

webbie said...

Looks great, as does your Chicken Picata and mashed potatoes.