Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zucchini Spice Cupcakes

I have had shredded zucchini in the freezer for several months now. I figured I had better do something with it before a new summer zucchini crop comes our way. I am so glad I happened upon this wonderful recipe! These cupcakes are very moist and the frosting is amazing. (I'm going to mark the frosting recipe to use on cinnamon rolls and other various things!)
Zucchini Spice Cupcakes (ToH Aug/Sept 08)
1 pkg spice cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup raisins (I left out the raisins and substituted white chocolate chips)
Cinnamon Frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 to 2 Tbls milk

In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. (I made jumbo muffins and they turned out great.) Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Makes 2 dozen.

1 comment:

wanda said...

YUM- I want some of these!!!!