Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cupcakes, Cupcakes, and MORE Cupcakes!

I am involved in the Warren Spouses' Club at FE Warren Air Force Base. This is a club open to all military spouses' whose spouse is affiliated with FE Warren or surrounding bases. Today we are holding our "Welcome Back" function, after taking off the busy summer months. This year's theme is a Luau and I was asked to help with the dessert. A good friend and wonderful cake decorator and I schemed together and came up with her (Constance) making an island cake, and myself making 60 cupcakes to surround the island. I didn't use any special recipes for the cake or icing (okay, I'll admit the cupcakes are from a box mix, but it was quicker that way!). However, here is the finished product.....


The cupcakes had four different "designs". Some were as simple as pink (coconut flavored!) frosting with umbrellas stuck in them, while others had a fondant flower, surf board, or martini glass as the decoration on top. Constance did a wonderful job on the cake....see the volcano and hula girl?!? Amazing!

1 comment:

wanda said...

It was really the most wonderful thing I had ever seen!!! YAY!!!!