Monday, March 24, 2008

Outback's Alice Springs Chicken

Before my husband and I were married, my now sister-in-law threw me a Pampered Chef bridal shower. Not only did I get a lot of kitchen gadgets, I was also given recipes by all those who attended. Even though I have been married almost five years now, I still have not tried all the recipes given to me. The recipe we tried tonight came from my husband's cousin, Lisa, and it receives rave reviews (by us anyway!).


Outback's Alice Springs Chicken (serves 4)
Honey Mustard Marinade:
1/2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional, I did not add them!)
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup each Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses
paprika
8 slices bacon, cooked
salt and pepper

Combine Dijon mustard, honey, oil, and lemon juice. Mix well. Pour about 2/3 of the marinade over the chicken and marinate them, covered, in the fridge for about 2 hours. Chill remaining marinade for later.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sear both sides of the chicken breasts in about 1 Tbls oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. As the chicken is cooking, saute the sliced mushrooms in the butter. Brush each chicken breast with a little of the reserved marinade being sure to save a little to serve on the side. Place in an oven proof pan. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika. Stack two pieces of bacon on each piece of chicken. Spoon sauteed mushrooms on top of bacon. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of each kind of cheese onto chicken breasts. Bake for 7-10 minutes of until cheese is melted. Serve honey mustard marinade on the side.

No comments: