
Rib-Sticking Stir Fry
2 Tbls vegetable oil
10 oz chicken breast fillet, cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4 inch strips
4 cups chopped stir-fry vegetables (from a package!)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine (I used Mirin)
1 14 oz can cannellini beans, drained
1 Tbls chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Heat the oil in a wok, and over fairly high heat add the chicken strips and toss them about to color. Once the meat has seared, add the vegetables and toss around again until beginning to soften, then add the soy sauce and the wine. The soy will help the meat strips bronze beautifully. Once the heat is back up and sizzling, add the beans and toss everything about to mix before tipping onto two plates. Sprinkle with the herb and serve while hot. Serves 2.
I also tried a new dessert recipe to take over to our pastor's house tomorrow for lunch. It smells great and I'm hoping it tastes the same!

Molly's Cake (I'm not sure who "Molly" is, but if the cake tastes good, I'll still give her the credit!)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine or butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans
1 egg
4 cups powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 eggs
Mix together the cake mix, softened butter, chopped pecan and 1 egg. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Beat together powdered sugar, cream cheese and 4 eggs until well blended. Pour over the top of the cake mix. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until done. You may also add chocolate chips to the cake mix or try other cake mix flavors.
**I took the dessert to Easter lunch and it was okay, but probably not something I would make again. I noticed the cake batter was very dry when mixing, so I added about 2/3 cup of water. The final product ended up a little dry (so probably could have used more water or oil) and it tasted fine, but not great. I'm wondering if the recipe is missing water and/or oil?
No comments:
Post a Comment