I have to admit, I wasn't really looking forward to making this week's chosen recipe for Barefoot Bloggers. I know I've mentioned before that I am not a huge salmon fan, so I was a little leery as to if I would like this spread or not. The spread was quick and easy to prepare and had a nice texture despite the salmon pieces. My husband and I both had a few bites of the spread on crackers and we decided it is much better suited for those that have a love of salmon. I am going to send it with some friends of ours who will enjoy it more than I! In my opinion, it would be great served in mini phyllo dough cups with a little sprig of dill on top. I would have liked to photograph it in that way, but I wasn't willing to purchase the phyllo cups just for this! If you enjoy salmon, try this recipe.
Smoked Salmon Spread (from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Family)
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature 1/2 cup sour cream 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced
Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.
1 comment:
We loved this so much. We were eating it on everything including tomatoes and cucumbers. Sorry you didn't enjoy it so much.
Post a Comment