
It has been a fun morning making this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe....Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler. My husband and I are not fans of rhubarb, so I did a little substituting with this particular recipe. Late last week I had made a fruit salad with various fruits I had on hand...apples, nectarines, plums, and mangoes. I had some of the fruit salad left, so I threw that in with the cherries rather than rhubarb. It just came out of the oven and smells wonderful, and I just had a little taste...my verdict is...this tastes alright, but not great. The biscuit topping was a little bland other than the ginger I could taste, and I should have used more sugar in my filling. I read some other's comments about needing to add more sugar, but they were using the tart rhubarb so I thought I would be fine with my other fruit selection. This would be a cobbler I could eat for breakfast and not feel bad about...fruit and a whole wheat biscuit topping that's not overly sweet. Thanks to Amanda from Like Sprinkles on a Cupcake for choosing this week's recipe!

6 comments:
nice way to use up the leftover fruit!! sorry it didn't turn out as good as you had hoped though!
Mark liked it too. I do like my blackberry coconut crisp recipe so much better. I thought it tasted best right out of the oven.
Anything you can justify as breakfast food has to be a good thing, right? Maybe it'll be dessert worthy with a scoop of ice cream?
Welcome to TWD! Your pictures look really nice! (FYI - I'm from Rawlins originally, but live in Utah now).
It sure looks good! Sorry you didn't like it as much as you had hoped. I like your idea of using up the leftover fruit salad. Very true to the spirit of cobbler!
Sorry this one didn't work out more to your liking. Hoping that next week's galette is a better fit.
Post a Comment