Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie (TWD): Chocolate Pudding

I am ecstatic about making my first item for the Tuesdays with Dorie (TWD) group. Recipes are chosen by members of the group with the final result posted on the member's blog. A new recipe is made every Tuesday...hence the "Tuesdays" with Dorie! One of the rules for membership is that we don't actually post the recipe. The reason being, everyone had to purchase the cookbook, "Baking from My Home to Yours," by Dorie Greenspan, in order to participate in this blog group. My "induction" in to the group was to make this week's Chocolate Pudding chosen by Melissa from It's Melissa's Kitchen. I've never made home made pudding before and was curious to see how it would turn out. The recipe instructions weren't too difficult just a lot of going back and forth between a saucepan and a food processor. I made a HUGE mess with the food processor! I have a 5 cup mini food processor and thought it would work fine for about 3 cups of liquid used in the recipe...it overflowed...BAD! So, after cleaning up my mess and adding a little more milk to the mixture, I finished it on the stove top and it turned out well. It just so happens that I am going to a friend's house for dinner this evening so I am taking the pudding to share! I'm anxious to hear what everyone else thinks of the home made pudding and whether they feel it is worth making pudding from scratch or just resort to the boxed pudding! I served mine with a dollop of whipped topping and cocoa nibs on top!

6 comments:

Jacque said...

Mmmm, yours looks so classy in the martini glass.

Welcome to TWD!!

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Welcome to TWD!

Susie Homemaker said...

welcome to the group...they won't all mess up your FP!!!

Melissa said...

Welcome! Looks wonderful!

Anne said...

Welcome to TWD! Your pudding looks beautiful in the glass. I'm sure it will taste delicious!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Lovely pudding! I sure hope your friends appreciated it -- I would have!

Welcome to TWD!